Vanilla Lemon Macaroon Lava Cake:
This black tea infused Vanilla lemon macaroon cake will make you feel raise your pinky fancy. It was amazingly rich and tasty with that hint of lemon zest. This is definitely a treat yo self on a Tuesday kind of dessert.
*This recipe contains Whey, it can be subbed for pea protein but it won’t rise as much*
- 1 oz cream cheese (*DF – use Kite Hill almond cream cheese)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Whey Protein powder (If you are sensitive to whey you can use Pea protein)
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tea sachet Vanilla Macaroon Black tea
- 1/2 tbsp melted butter (*DF/SoyF/V – use earth balance margarine)
- 1 tbsp sugar substitute
- 1 tbsp heavy cream (*DF/V – I used coconut heavy cream)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pick mug of choice and soften cream cheese in microwave for about 10-12 seconds.
- Mix the egg in with the cream cheese.
- Mix dry ingredients together in separate bowl. Once throughly mixed, add to wet ingredients.
- Once mixed, microwave for 1 minute and no longer than 75 seconds.
- Enjoy in mug or flip over onto plate. *caution it will be very hot*
- Melt butter for about 15-20 seconds in the microwave.
- Add sugar substitute, extra tea leaves, and xanthan gum to the butter.
- Mix in cream of choice, then the lemon juice.
- If mixture is too runny you can add just a sprinkle (JUST A SPRINKLE) more of xanthan gum.
- Pour over cake and enjoy!