Lavender Acai Berry Raw Cheesecake:
GF, DF, Soy Free, Raw, Vegan, Paleo, Refined Sugar Free, Egg Free
This was easy to make and super low time commitment. It was fun and beautiful with notes of lavender and açaí, it was like biting into a lavender earl grey tea.
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 medjool date (soaked in hot water for 15 minutes)
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp Brown Rice Syrup (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 tsp açaí powder
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashews, pre-soaked and strained*
- 2 tbsp Brown Rice syrup (or maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 tsp açaí berry powder
- 1 tsp culinary dried french lavender
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- sprinkle more of French lavender
- edible flowers (I got mine at a local farmers market but you can buy them online)
- One of my fondant flowers check out the recipe here : Vegan Sugar Free Fondant
*To pre-soak nuts: place in a glass bowl, cover with water, and leave to soak for 4 hours (or overnight in the fridge).
For original unconventional baker directions: Unconventional Baker Directions
- In a food processor, mix crust ingredients until it is well mixed but still chunky. You don’t want to over process it. Transfer crust into your 4′′ spring form pan and press it along the base as best you can, it’s going to be pretty sticky. Put your crust in the freezer while working on the filling.
- Blend all filling ingredients in a food processor (or a power blender if you have one) until completely smooth (don’t use a nutribullet…it will blend but it’s a pain). Pour the filling into the pan over the crust. Smooth out the top and decorate!
- Freeze for 5 hours or overnight. Thaw out for about 5 minutes and serve. Keep refrigerated or frozen.
As a note: The Brown Rice syrup will actually melt faster at room temperature so if you use it keep your cake chilled until 10-15 minutes before serving